he department has been created since the independent of the college from Basrah Medicine College in 2018.
We have a long established reputation in cooperative with other departments in our College to deliver student education with a strong curriculum covering medical biological and molecular sciences. The department continued portfolio development of teaching resources and presenting a group of advanced research to serve the community, which was been crowned with success in submitting a set of patents for the standardization and quality control device in Iraq for approval.
The department contribute to preparing distinguished doctors in knowing the microscopic pathogens of bacteria, fungi, parasites and viruses, and they relationship with the human body and interaction of the body with them in term of immunity. All these based on integrative curriculum. The curriculum count on lectures which based on the student learn center and small group sessions which based on students discussions. This way makes the student able to gain long live learning and able to work in a team.
1) Upgrading and diversifying university studies and providing its various requirements.
2) Preparing the faculty and researchers required by the higher education and scientific research sector and those with specializations
The professional and practical needs of the state departments and its various institutions in line with the requirements of higher education in
3) Preparing highly qualified specialists to obtain higher diplomas, masters and doctorates
To meet the needs of the labor market.
4) Work to deepen the balance between the progress of the theoretical sciences and the applied aspects of it.
5) Thinking about future health, social, economic and scientific problems, and visualizing remote needs and work
On finding solutions.
6) Taking care to guide students and choose the best means to expand their activities and deepen their scientific and professional specializations within
The development plan and the country's need and the development of innovation, creativity and initiative they have.
7) Providing scientific and technical advisory services to the state and its various institutions and other sectors.
8) Working on linking postgraduate studies with the interim needs of development plans and contributing to setting proposals and controls to solve them.
9) Working on identifying the topics of scientific dissertations and dissertations for all postgraduate studies to ensure scientific solutions to health and social problems.