The surgical department was founded in 2019 when the college moved to the new location in the Bab Al Zubair College complex. Although the branch of surgery was established more than a year after the establishment of the college (because the subject of surgery is taught in the second stage) but the teaching staff of the surgery began their teaching tasks with the beginning of the work of the college in teaching students of the first stage because the teaching system in the Al Zahra medical college adopts the integrative system where we see the teaching branch teachers participate in teaching with other branches and since the first academic year such as the branch of anatomy and functions of organs and clinical skills
Because the department of surgery is one of the main clinical branches, the department seeks to be a model in the development of surgical skills in all its scientific, theoretical, and clinical aspects and to raise the level of scientific, medical, and research knowledge and to provide the best health and awareness services to the community.
Continuous and diligent pursuit and efforts to reach the main goal which is the production of a doctor integrated scientifically, practically, professionally, and behaviorally and able to provide the best medical services and how to work in the spirit of the integrated team during the study and when providing medical and therapeutic services later and one of the main pillars that help to achieve this message is the integrative system adopted by the Faculty of Zahra Medical college.
1. Preparing a teaching staff capable of managing the integrative curriculum and believes in the importance of the student should be the center of the teaching process and keeping pace with the development in teaching methods.
2. The department of surgery is one of the largest clinical branches due to the large number of divisions affiliated with it. In addition to general surgery, it also includes the Division of Orthopedics and Fractures, the Division of Pediatric Surgery, and the Division of Ophthalmology and other divisions, so the scientific, service, and research output of the branch must be distinguished.
3. Ensuring deep learning for students and by making the student aware of the importance of integration in the curriculum and that each module is complementary and integrated with other modules of development and also sought by adopting the small group sessions.
4. Preparing a generation of doctors who possess self-confidence and scientific and practical knowledge that qualifies him to carry out his responsibilities and deal professionally with surgical conditions.
4. Encourage students to participate in the treatment of patients, especially surgical emergencies, and can be supported by some simulations that simulate real accidents.